On Tuesday a grand jury in St. Louis, Mo indicted Patricia and Mark McCloskey for both tampering with evidence and for exhibiting weapons at protesters, back in June.
The McCloskey’s originally made headlines after photos of them pointing weapons at defenseless protesters began to circulate on social media eventually making there way to national news outlets. The protesters were walking through the Central West End gated community to protest in front of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson’s home.
Since being charged by St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner with felony gun charges the couple has garnered support from Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt, President Donald Trump and Governor Mike Parsons. Governor Parsons even went on record saying he’d pardon the couple if convicted of any charges.
AG Schmitt tried to file a motion to have the charges dropped but he has no legal jurisdiction on this case.
According to the St. Louis American the McCloskey’s lawyer Joel Schwartz says his clients plan on pleading “not guilty” to the charges.
The charges against the protesters have been dropped and the couples next court appearance is set for next Wednesday (October 14, 2020).
[Watch] Report About The McCloskeys Being Indicted
Source: Fox 2 Now
Follow Hot 104.1 on Instagram: @hot1041stl
Follow Hot 104.1 On Twitter: Follow @hot1041
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Teófimo López Talks Why There’s No Lomachenko Rematch Coming, Potential Fights At 135 & More [EXCLUSIVE]
- It’s Not Just The Flu: NFL Star Emmanuel Sanders Is Scared For His Life After Testing Positive For COVID-19
- Break Up To Make Up?: Rumors Swirl After Tiffany Haddish & Common Allegedly Unfriend Each Other On Social Media
- Teen Who Recorded Murder of George Floyd By Police Awarded Medal of Courage
- With All These Pro-Trump Rappers, Never Forget How ASAP Rocky Snubbed 45
- Weezy WTF: Lil Wayne Gives Props To Trump, Touts Platinum Plan Like A Cash Money Contract
- Foot Locker Dropping Candy Inspired Attire By UGG, Champion & New Balance For The Holidays
- RZA Reveals Plans For New Album In Interview With MSNBC’s Ari Melber
- Who’s Cappin?! Moniece Slaughter’s Not So Enthusiastic “That Was A Fun Time” Comment About Shaq [WATCH]
- Ghostface Killah Working On ‘Supreme Clientele 2’