Saturday night NBA star Donovan Mitchell announced via Instagram that he’ll be donating 45k dollars of his Spidey-Sense proceeds to Jacob Blake’s children’s education. Mitchell who’s an advocate for education went on to say “Education reform is something I really believe in and I believe will be able to help push our country and our future past the point we’re at.”
Adidas whom Mitchell has a sponsorship deal with announced they’ll be matching his donation of 45k dollars.
Watch Mitchell’s Announcement below:
Also Donovan Mitchell is among a growing number of NBA players that are using their voice to shed light on social justice issues. On the same night he made the announcement about Jacob Blake’s children Mitchell also announced his new partnership with Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Dwayne Wade’s new company Social Change Fund.
The Social Change Fund was created to empower communities of color and advocate for the rights of all Black lives.
Read why Mitchell partnered with the Social Change Fund (below):
Follow Guurl Melanie on Instagram: @GuurlMelanie
Follow Hot 104.1 on Instagram: @hot1041stl
Follow Hot 104.1 On Twitter: Follow @hot1041
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Dej Loaf, Ty Dolla Sign and Comethazine All Drop New Projects | Finally In Rotation: The Playlist
- Hip-Hop Spot: T.I. Declines A ‘Verzuz’ Battle With Busta Rhymes Due To A ‘Generational Gap’
- Who’s Cappin?! Disney Lost Shonda Rhimes to Netflix Over a Disneyland Pass
- Columbus Short Explains Why It’s Important To Address Trauma In New Book [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Dr. Dre’s Estranged Wife Demands A Copy Of Their Original Prenup
- Ice Cube Brushes Off Eric Trump’s MAGA Praise With A Familiar Phrase
- The Lo’ Down: Tory Lanez Says He’s Still Friends With Megan, She Calls Him ‘Crazy’ [WATCH]
- Bill Cosby Sparks Chatter After Grinning Prison Photo Goes Wide
- Megan Thee Stallion Had The Perfect Response For That Varmint’s Instagram Live Rant
- Issa Rae Puts An End To Wash Day Woes With Sienna Naturals’ ‘Salon In A Box’