How To Treat Your Nails While You’re Stuck At Home….
- Clip your nails to the length that you want them to be.
- With a fingernail file, file them into the shape that you desire so that they are smooth and even.
- Use a buffer to remove any natural oils that may be on the top of your nails (so that your polish will “stick” better).
- Use a cuticle stick to gently push back your cuticles.
- With your gel kit (check out “Love Gel Manicures but Hate the Price? Try These At-Home Gel Nail Kits” if you want some suggestions on which one to buy), apply an extremely thin layer of the base coat on one hand. Put it underneath a cure light for 20 minutes, then repeat with your other hand.
- Next, apply your first coat of gel polish to one hand. If you happen to get any of the polish onto your skin, dip a nail acrylic brush into some acetone to remove it. If you skip this step and the polish remains on your cuticles, your polish will peel a whole lot faster. Place your hand into your cure lamp for another two minutes, making sure to do this same step for every layer of polish that you apply.
- Apply your top coat and let your hand sit in the cure lamp for 2-2 ½ minutes. Lightly tap the index finger of your other hand onto a couple of your polished fingers, just to make sure that they don’t feel sticky and the polish appears smooth. If you don’t feel “messiness”, you’re dry.
- Finally, soak a cotton ball into some rubbing alcohol and rub each nail; it’s what will get rid of any “tackiness” or residue that your nails may have. And you’re done!
If you are someone who is more of a visual learner, some YouTube sistahs can walk you through this entire process. Check out some how-tos here, here and here. If you’d prefer to powder dip your nails instead, this video has some tips that I thought were super helpful.
Follow @princesstormm on IG CLICK HERE
Yaya Mayweather Arrested For Allegedly Stabbing NBA YoungBoy Baby Moms, Toxic Twitter Is Lit
1.1 of 15
2.2 of 15
3.3 of 15
4.4 of 15
5.5 of 15
6.6 of 15
7.7 of 15
8.8 of 15
9.9 of 15
10.10 of 15
11.11 of 15
12.12 of 15
13.13 of 15
14.14 of 15