I am very concern about taking my son out right now. As we all know the COVID-19, Coronavirus is dominating the news. As a new a parent it’s a little scared. The virus is continuously spreading across the country and around the world, and it can be hard to know what it all really means for you and your family. Here’s are some things you should know about the coronavirus as a parent, plus what you can do to protect your children.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol (but keep in mind that alcohol-based hand sanitizer isn’t recommended for children under the age of 2, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.