Get your tissues out because this video will make you laugh and cry at the same time! Anyday someone gets the news that they are cancer free and no longer have to undergo treatments is a good day. But when Lakesha Ball, a mom from Maryland, found out that she had received her last bit of chemo she got the opportunity to ring the cancer-free bell. And boy did she ever ring the bell!
Lakesha was receiving treatments for breast cancer from the University of Maryland Proton Center and her daughter captured the excitement her very last day of treatment.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, breast cancer is “the most common cancer in women, no matter your race or ethnicity.” Congrats to Lakesha for beating it!
20 Breast Cancer Myths
1. Myth: Exposing a tumor to air during surgery causes cancer to spreadSource: 1 of 17
2. Myths: Women with small breast have a lower chance of getting breast cancerSource: 2 of 17
3. Myth: Breast implants can raise the risk of getting breast cancerSource: 3 of 17
4. Myth: Every women has a 1-in-8 chance of getting breast cancerSource: 4 of 17
5. Myth: If you’re at risk of getting breast cancer there isn’t much you can do.Source: 5 of 17
6. Myth: Wearing antiperspirant can increase the risk of breast cancer.Source: 6 of 17
7. Myth: You can’t get cancer after a mastectomySource: 7 of 17
8. Myth: Your father’s family history of breast cancer doesn’t affect you as much as your mothers.Source: 8 of 17
9. Myth: Getting annual mammograms exposes you to radiation that can cause breast cancer.Source: 9 of 17
10. Myths: Needle biopsies can disturb cancer cells and cause them to spread to other parts of the body.Source: 10 of 17
11. Myth: Breast cancer is the, second leading cause of death in the nation after heart disease.Source: 11 of 17
12. Myth: If your mammography report is negative, there is nothing to worry about.Source: 12 of 17
13. Myth: Hair straighteners can cause cancer in African American womenSource: 13 of 17
14. Myth: Fertility treatments increase the risk of getting breast cancer.Source: 14 of 17
15. Myth: Living near power lines can cause breast cancer.Source: 15 of 17
16. Myth: Having an abortion increases the risk of breast cancer.Source: 16 of 17
17. Myth: Breast cancer is preventableSource: 17 of 17
- ‘LHHATLS8’ Recap: Karlie Alleges That Her Ex Fiance Is Verbally Abusive
- HOT 104.1 2019 #BETAwards Recap Video!
- Jada Pinkett Smith Reacts To Willow Smith Being Receptive To An Open Relationship With A Man And Woman
- Black Music Month: Drake’s So Far Gone Spoke To Paris’s Younger Self!
- Kirk Franklin, Jonathan McReynolds, Erica Campbell and Kelly Price Bring Inspiration to the BET Awards with “Love Theory”
- [VIDEO] Lizzo Performs “Truth Hurts” For Her First BET Awards Performance
- [VIDEO] Tyler Perry Gives Uplifting Speech at 2019 BET Awards for Ultimate Icon Award
- This Twitter Choose Your Own Adventure Thread Lets You Pretend To Be Beyonce’s Assistant
- [VIDEO] Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus Bring Country to The BET Awards with “Old Town Road” Performance
- [VIDEO] Cardi B and Offset Open the 2019 BET Awards with “Press” and “Clout” Performance
WATCH: This Mom Had The Most Epic Cancer Free Celebration That Has Us Laughing and Crying! was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com