As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. day, Jeff Johnson talked about how going to say the “ I Have A Dream” speech isn’t enough. Johnson talked about how when King was killed he was challenging people. He also talked about how he was a leader that evolved and did more than just fight civil rights issues.
If we are celebrating him we must do more than just say a speech. Johnson also talked about how we need to support and watch the NAACP Image Awards. It is about our culture, our movies, our music and it’s a show that celebrates us.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Hmm: Lil Wayne Reveals His Top 5 Rappers In A Somewhat Strange Way
- Melania Trump Doesn’t Want Her Husband’s Tiny Hands Anywhere Near Her
- Queer Folk Represent: How Kehlani’s Sexuality Tweets Became A Learning Moment
- Meek Mill To Be Freed From Prison On Tuesday
- Watch: Desus & Mero Make Their Way To ‘Late Night With Seth Meyers’ And Talk Performing At The Apollo
- Imma Let You Finish, But: LL Cool J Says He Was The First To Do This — Not J. Cole
- Watch: Chris Rock Talks About Getting “Uncle-Zoned” By Rihanna
- Genius: J. Cole Co-Directs “Kevin’s Heart” Video Starring Kevin Hart
- T’Challa Is Tiiiide: All The Times Chadwick Boseman Looked Totally Over It
- Rick Ross Launches RICH, A Men’s Grooming Beauty Line