As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. day, Jeff Johnson talked about how going to say the “ I Have A Dream” speech isn’t enough. Johnson talked about how when King was killed he was challenging people. He also talked about how he was a leader that evolved and did more than just fight civil rights issues.
If we are celebrating him we must do more than just say a speech. Johnson also talked about how we need to support and watch the NAACP Image Awards. It is about our culture, our movies, our music and it’s a show that celebrates us.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Birdman Forced Out Of $12 Million Mansion Due To Money Troubles
- Angela Bassett-Led Series ‘911’ Renewed For Season 2
- Justin Timberlake Has Politics On The Mind In ‘Supplies’ Music Video
- Trailer Drops For Paula Patton + Omar Epps Thriller ‘Traffik’
- Almost Friday Shmood: Hype Sisters Bring The Club To The Kitchen
- Watch Celebrities Play Black Card Revoked Before BET’s New Show [VIDEO]
- This Soulful Cover Of “Lovers & Friends” Will Make You Want To Hear More Usher
- Da Brat Discusses Why Bow Wow Pissed Her Off [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Coline Creuzot “You Give” [NEW MUSIC]
- ‘Black Lightning’ Electrifies Twitter