Tupac Shakur (also known as 2Pac and Makaveli) was a rapper and activist who died in 1996, at the age of 25, after a fatal shooting in Las Vegas, NV. His legacy consisted of:
- Studying at the Baltimore School of Arts
- Signing to Suge Knight’s label “Death Row” while in prison
- Selling over 100 million records worldwide
- Influencing many of today’s rappers
- Sparking conversation about urban youth, poverty, police brutality and corruption
- Later being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Discography (Before He Died):
- 2Pacalypse Now – 1991
- Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z… – 1993
- Me Against The World – 1995
- All Eyez On Me – 1996
Tupac’s camp would go on to release over a dozen more projects the artist’s death. The person said to have killed Tupac was Orlando Anderson, the man that Tupac and his Death Row crew jumped at the MGM, after the Mike Tyson fight. A biopic based on the rise and fall of the artist, appropriately titled “All Eyez On Me,” was released in 2017.
-Farlin Ave (@farlinave)