Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Michael Sterling Lets The Saints Know Why He Referred To God As ‘Her’ In His Wedding Vows
- Kandi Burruss Reveals The Petty Reason NeNe Leakes Is So Mad With Cynthia
- Daniel Caesar Goes On Drunken IG Live Rant, Calls Out Black People, Defends White Woman Who Uses The N-Word [VIDEO]
- Deja Perez Sits Down With Singer Elle Varner
- What’s Poppin “The Beat Ya Feet” Episode [Video]
- Daniel Caesar Calls Out Black People, Dave Chappelle Comments & More In Drunken Rant [Video]
- The Top Five Reasons To Go See Jordan Peele’s Movie ‘Us’
- Jordyn Woods Bombarded ‘With Lucrative Business Deals’ After Kardashian Cheating Drama
- Respect The OG: J. Prince Got YBN Almighty Jay’s Chain Back [PHOTO]
- 31 Days, 31 Inspiring Women: Ava Duvernay
Celebs Living It Up On The Gram! The Essence Festival Edition
1. Black Women Unite!Source:Getty 1 of 1
The Man Who Returned Essence Magazine Back To The People [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com