Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Kim Kardashian Follows Power 106 Host J Cruz After Unknowingly Forcing Him To Get A Colonic
- HennyPalooza Is Now DussePalooza & The Internet Is Losing Its Mind
- Fatal Multi-Car Crash Leaves 1 Dead in St. Louis [VIDEO]
- Monique Sit Down: Blogger Snatches Her Wig With Facts On Why She’s Not The Best In Comedy
- The 2018 Oscar Nominations Are In!
- Hip Hop Trivia: Which Famous Rapper Spit These Classic Lyrics?
- Omarosa Lands New Speaking Engagements Job
- Jhené Aiko & Rae Sremmurd Bring The Sci-Fi Looks In ‘Sativa’ Music Vid
- The Funniest Reactions To Last Night’s Episode Of Love & Hip Hop: Miami
- Schmood: This Video Will Give You All The Confidence You Need This Morning