Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Is She Losing It? Nicki Drags Everyone In Flex Interview Including Safarees Hairline
- MegO’s Hot Job of the Day: Laboratory Associate
- Not Acceptable! Beauty Supply Worker Punches Woman in Face
- MUSICA NUEVA/NEW MUSIC: Ja Rule and Ashanti “Encore”
- Hilarious, Inc.: 10 Mike Wazowski Memes You’ll Never Get Tired Of Laughing At
- 3 People Shot, 1 Dead Stemming From Gun Violence In North St. Louis [VIDEO]
- DE-ESCALATION CENTERS
- Take Our Music Survey For A Chance To Win $500!
- Kayne West Releases a Song About Lusting Over Kardashian Sisters
Celebs Living It Up On The Gram! The Essence Festival Edition
1. Black Women Unite!Source:Getty 1 of 1
The Man Who Returned Essence Magazine Back To The People [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com