Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Ultimate Day of Beauty Breast Cancer Awareness Makeover 2018 Recap [VIDEO]
- Michelle Obama’s Elle Cover And Editorial Is A Win For Women In Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Jaden Smith Reveals Fellow Rapper Tyler The Creator Is His “Mother F*cking Boyfriend” [VIDEO]
- Stan Lee Dead At 95
- #MusicaNueva from the One and Only SADE
- Black Republican DA Who Was Voted Out Wants To Stay On The Botham Jean Case
- Child Support Laws In St. Louis May Be Changing [VIDEO]
- ‘RHOAS11’ Recap: There’s No Shade In Miami
- Hard Work Pays Off!
- Live Your Best Life!
Celebs Living It Up On The Gram! The Essence Festival Edition
1. Black Women Unite!Source:Getty 1 of 1
The Man Who Returned Essence Magazine Back To The People [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com