Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Lit: This Clip Can Teach You The Hottest African Dances In One Sitting
- OKKK: All The Ladies Of RHOA Banned Together To Put Kim Zolciak Bigoted-Biermann In Her Place
- #PrayerHands: Watching This Person Make Tuna Salad Might Make You Lose Your Appetite
- De Strenth Of De Pentha: 5 Real Life Black Heros They Don’t Want You To Know About
- Monday Moves: Your Spotlight Ain’t Shining If Your Crew Don’t Hype You Up Like This
- Cold: Odell Beckham Jr. Meets His Rap Battle Match In This Canadian Singer
- Hip-Hop Producers Fire Back At Russ After He Claims They’re To Blame For “Wack” Music
- ‘RHOAS10’ Recap: Kim And Her Wig Are Done With The Show For Good
- #BlackGirlMagic: Victoria Mahoney Becomes First Black Woman Director For Star Wars Franchise
- Questlove Better Stay Woke, This 2-Year-Old Might Take His Drumming Spot