Usually, when artists hop onto social media the morning of the Grammy nomination announcements, it tends to be an ill-advised hot mess. But this time, an outburst from Q-Tip makes complete sense after tons of deserving artists were revealed in an exciting year of nominations, and A Tribe Called Quest was not named among them.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
That’s right, A Tribe Called Quest‘s last album and their heartfelt tribute to their fallen Phife Dawg went unnoticed by Grammys voters this year. And the more you think about it, the more messed up you realize it is. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Baltimore County Judge Overturns Korryn Gaines $38 Million Settlement
- Too Damn Much! Gucci Buys Keyshia Kaoir A 60ct Ring For Valentines Day
- Colin Kaepernick And Eric Reid Reportedly Win Big In NFL Settlement
- West Virginia Official Who Called Michelle Obama ‘An Ape In Heels’ Faces 30 Years In Prison For FEMA Fraud
Red Carpet Rundown: 2017 American Music Awards
1. Tracee Ellis Ross Arrives To The American Music AwardsSource: 1 of 8
2. Tracee Ellis RossSource: 2 of 8
3. Diana Ross Rocks The Red CarpetSource: 3 of 8
4. Kelly RowlandSource: 4 of 8
5. DJ KhaledSource: 5 of 8
How The Grammys Majorly Disrespected A Tribe Called Quest [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com