The “Juice” is finally loose!
O.J. Simpson was released from the Lovelock Correctional Center in Las Vegas after being locked up for nine years. The 70-year-old walked out of prison a little after midnight on October 1 —this way he could avoid media attention. The Nevada Department of Corrections confirmed his release with a statement:
“The Nevada Department of Corrections, in an effort to ensure public safety and reduce the potential for incident, released Orenthal James Simpson #1027820, on October 1, 2017, at 12:08 AM from Lovelock Correctional Center.”
They also posted this video showing the first seconds of his freedom:
As we previously reported, the disgraced football icon was granted parole by the Nevada Parole Board in July.
The former football star was approaching the minimum time served of a 33-year sentence after he was found guilty of a 2008 kidnapping charge, armed robbery and 10 other charges. Simpson was convicted of stealing sports memorabilia during a botched heist which took place in a Las Vegas hotel room.
The board asked questions pertaining to Simpson’s rehabilitation process, including specific questions regarding sobriety and remorse. Simpson denied having a substance abuse problem and also said he attended rehabilitation courses focusing on mediation. The parole board said they would not consider any prior incidents, including the 1994 murder of ex-wife Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman, where Simpson was acquitted in 1995.
“Look I’ve missed a lot of time, 36 birthdays, without my children,” Simpson said. “I wish it would have never happened. If I would have taken better judgement–I take full responsibility.”
11 Interesting Facts About O.J. Simpson & His Murder Trial
1. Nicole Brown was originally O.J.’s mistress.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. O.J. allegedly apologized over Nicole’s casket.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. The glove didn’t fit because…Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Marcia Clark once told Johnnie Cochran she was going commando.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. The Bronco chase.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Almost 95 million people were watching the car chase.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Game 5 of the NBA Finals was also interrupted by the Bronco chase.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. The Bronco chase directly affected Domino’s pizza sales.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Everything stopped on the day of O.J.’s “Not Guilty” verdict.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. In The Bronco…Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. He tried to commit suicide in Khloe Kardashian’s bedroom.Source:Getty 11 of 11
The Juice Is Loose! O.J. Simpson Released From Prison After Nine Years was originally published on hellobeautiful.com