Well we all love our city…”I’m from The Lou and I’m proud!” ( In My Nelly Voice) but love as we may we all know our beloved city has some serious issues.
In a list released by 24/7 Wall St., St. Louis is listed as the fourth-worst city in the U.S. in which to live….wow. Only to be “out-worsted” by Detroit; Birmingham, Alabama and Flint, Michigan…..wow.
The article also states that “Decades of manufacturing decline, white flight, and exclusionary zoning in St. Louis have led to some of the worst urban decay, racial segregation and income inequality of any major city today.” Let that sink in…
Some of the factors used to ranked us number four was our 24.9 percent poverty rate which is significantly higher than the national average of 14.7 percent; and that highest violent crime rate in St. Louis 2015 was almost five times over the national rate.
Rounding out places Nos. 5-10 are: Memphis; Milwaukee; Albany, Ga.; Hartford; Merced, Calif.; and Wilmington, Del.
Images In Ferguson, Missouri That Look Eerily Similar To Scenes From Movies (PHOTOS)
1. "The Purge Anarchy" looks way too much like what's going on in Ferguson right now.1 of 12
2. We lying? A resident of Ferguson watches as tear gas is released in the neighborhood.2 of 12
3. An attack scene from "The Purge Anarchy."3 of 12
4. Ferguson Police force a resident from the business district into nearby neighborhoods.4 of 12
5. A still from the movie SWAT.5 of 12
6. A real life S.W.A.T. team staring down unarmed civilians and reporters.6 of 12
7. Extras wait to shoot a scene in "The Avengers," look familiar?7 of 12
8. Ferguson police patrol the streets.8 of 12
9. A crowd swarms the streets in the movie "World War Z."9 of 12
10. A sniper sits atop a vehicle in Ferguson.10 of 12
11. An arrest scene in the classic "Boyz In The Hood."11 of 12
12. An arrest in Ferguson.12 of 12
St. Louis Ranked High On ‘”Worst Place To Live’ List!” was originally published on foxy955stl.com