When Precious first came out in 2009, Mo’Nique got an Oscar for her role in the film. After that though, we didn’t see very much of Mo’Nique, until she resurfaced with a claims that Lee Daniels had lead Hollywood in “blackballing” her and preventing her from booking more work. While such a strong accusation did cause a bit of back and forth between Lee, Mo’Nique and the press, until all eventually died down.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
But Mo’Nique resurrected the whole controversy last week when she fired some shots at Oprah, Lee Daniels, and Tyler Perry, citing them by name during a stand-up set at the Apollo Theater. Since then, people have been calling for Mo’Nique to apologize, but she’s sticking to her guns. And she totally has the right to. Check out this exclusive video to hear more on this story in Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
RELATED: Mo’Nique Reveals Why She Looks Better Than She Ever Has Before [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Mo’Nique Reveals Emails Proving She Was Offered Cookie Lyon Role On “Empire” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Is This The Real Reason Lee Daniels Has A Problem With Mo’Nique? [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
14 Amazing Photos Of Oprah Winfrey’s Hair Over The Years
13 photos Launch gallery
1. The classic ’70s layered look.
1 of 13
2. The bigger her career got, the bigger her hair.
2 of 13
3. ’80s kween tresses.
3 of 13
4. She brought the ’90s in with style…and fringe.
4 of 13
5. Boss bangs and buoyancy.
5 of 13
6. Looks like Oprah rocked the chic bowl cut before RiRi became known for it.
6 of 13
7. Layered and luminous.
7 of 13
8. Queen O’s hair is full of life.
8 of 13
9. Tamed golden curls are her go-to look.
9 of 13
10. This elegant curly updo works for Oprah, the actress.
10 of 13
11. The media mogul’s ‘fro is on fleek.
11 of 13
12. Locks fit for a Queen.
12 of 13
13. Her straightened push-back is laid to the gods.
13 of 13