There’s usually a perfect time and place for everything, but apparently one Texas restaurant employee felt the perfect time to disrespect the police was while they were eating their food.
A Texas BBQ joint has gone viral after they allegedly blasted N.W.A.’s “Fuck Tha Police” while police officers ate at the restaurant. Deputy Shane Cates took to Facebook to share that he and a few other police officers went to Going’s Barbeque & Steak Co. in Crosby, Texas, near Houston, and while eating his food, Cates noticed that people were looking at them and heard music coming from behind the counter.
He wrote, “The guys in the back were playing a rap song that was saying ‘fuck the police’ over and over.” Cates added that when he walked to where the music was coming from, he saw a 17-year-old washing dishes and singing the song. He says the dishwasher “turned and noticed me standing there and started laughing.” After he was told that the manager wasn’t there, Cates “left with the music still playing and customers looking around.”
Cates returned the next day, only to find that the manager didn’t see a problem with the employee’s behavior, concluding, “This is just wrong in so many ways. I can’t find anything in me that thinks this is ok.” According to reports, the 17-year-old dishwasher has been fired, and his mom told ABC 13 that her son is “embarrassed by it and sorry for what happened. He made a mistake and realizes what he did was wrong. He’s deeply sorry.”
The restaurant has since apologized to the officers in a statement on Facebook.
5. Kevin Hart challenged his celeb friends to help make a change
5 of 20
6. Halle Berry shared a photo of her son, saying, "What will my brown son's future be? What will your brown son's future be? The uncertainty is real. I beg you not to be a bystander in this life, but to go out and find ways to make peaceful change. Our boys need us so rather than launching into deep sentiment here on this platform, I promise to find ways to get involved and help."
6 of 20
7. Danielle Brooks wants to know: What's going on?
11. Amber Rose shared an adorable photo of her son Sebastian, saying, "I woke up this morning to my beautiful son with such a heavy heart. I grabbed my baby and kissed him, hugged him, told him how beautiful his skin and hair is and let him know that one day he will be able to change the world and I will love him and accept him no matter what."
11 of 20
12. Ashanti spoke out on freedom.
12 of 20
13. Boris Kodjoe wants the answers.
13 of 20
14. Trey Songz ranted.
14 of 20
15. Usher has a question for the people.
15 of 20
16. Ms. Tina Knowles shared a pic of herself watching CNN, writing, "Oh my God ! This is horrible !! Please pray for the fallen officers, and the injured ones and their families. The violence has got to stop. Love not hate is the answer. No one has the right to take another persons life ! Not to take our black men's lives and not police officers either. "