In the midst of Chipotle’s attempt to redeem itself, the chain is facing another setback. Yesterday, it was announced that a restaurant in Billerica, Mass. will temporarily close its doors after four employees fell sick, possibly of norovirus.
This comes after two E. Coli breakouts that sickened 50 customers across 14 states, as well as two norovirus outbreaks in Massachusetts and Florida. Not surprisingly, following the news of Tuesday’s closing, Chipotle’s shares dropped dramatically today.
This continues Chipotle’s downward spiral that resulted in the company’s stock dropping 18 percent since the first E. Coli breakout on October 31. Will Chipotle be able to repair its reputation? Looks like the situation is only getting worse before it gets better.
If Qdoba was plotting to overtake Chipotle’s throne, the time is definitely now.
SOURCE: CNBC | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
14 Celebrity Foodies With Yummy Instagrams
1. Chrissy Teigen is the real MVP when it comes to keeping John Legend satisfied in the kitchen.Source: 1 of 10
2. Pie anyone? Lauren Conrad's collection of sweets belong on a Pinterest board.Source: 2 of 10
3. Tia Mowry now has her own cooking show, so you know she throws down amazing meals for her family.Source: 3 of 10
4. June Ambrose continues to amaze us with #rockmomcookingchronicles.Source: 4 of 10
5. When Aziz Ansari's mom comes to town, it's homemade Indian cuisine for all.Source: 5 of 10
6. Questlove is so much of a foodie, he even made an Instagram account solely to showcase his meals. Who knew?Source: 6 of 10
7. If you aren't already following Kelis on Instagram, you're missing out.Source: 7 of 10
8. 2 Chainz may not prepare his own meals, but his personal chef's got it all covered.Source: 8 of 10
9. With three young children, Kourtney Kardashian has mastered the adorable breakfast treats.Source: 9 of 10
10. Cooking with Zac Posen.Source: 10 of 10
Food Fail: Another Chipotle Closes Its Doors After Workers Fall Ill was originally published on globalgrind.com