The Baduizm singer is set to release her upcoming But You Caint Use My Phone mixtape next week, which is titled after a lyric from her famous “Tyrone” record.
She revealed the news to Noisey, which she stated, “I just kinda live and experience,” she says during the Noisey interview. “I’m writing all the time, but recently I got the bug back. When it comes, it comes, and I can’t force it, but recently I got it back with ‘Hotline Bling’ and all the other things I’ve been experimenting with.”
We’re not sure what’s going to be on the new mixtape, but Erykah will be including “Hotline Bling” on the project.
SOURCE: Noisey | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
1 of 16
1. Bold accessories can turn overalls into a unique look.
2 of 16
2. Matching is for losers.
3 of 16
3. An extra-tall hat and a coat to match.
4 of 16
4. Making sweats look cool on 106 & Park.
5 of 16
5. She wore headphones as an accessory before everyone did.
6 of 16
6. She also did denim on denim before it was cool.
7 of 16
7. She'll rock kicks on the red carpet.
8 of 16
8. All yellow everything.
9 of 16
9. Known to pull a cowboy hat out of her collection.
10 of 16
10. Another interesting hat.
11 of 16
11. That time she rocked destroyed jeans and a muscle tee at the Grammys.
12 of 16
12. When she made feathers a fashion statement.
13 of 16
13. The bag lady.
14 of 16
14. She's never afraid to take hair risks.
15 of 16
15. She was a vibrant stand-out at the Academy Awards.
16 of 16
16. Only Erykah Badu can make a colorful windbreaker look this cool.
Erykah Badu’s New ‘But You Caint Use My Phone’ Mixtape Is Coming Next Week was originally published on globalgrind.com