A shocking video of a Texas police officer grabbing a high school student by his throat and slamming him to the ground has surfaced on the web.
Two local police officers were called to Round Rock High School Thursday afternoon to break up a fight between two male students. One of the students, Gyasi Hughes, was taken to the side by the officers in an attempt to calm him down. The situation escalated when the teen refused to calm down, according to police.
The police statement reads:
“After repeated attempts to calm the non-compliant student, and stop him from going after the other student, officers were forced to detain him for his safety and the safety of others.”
According to the teen, the fight began over a pair of sports goggles. After the fight broke out, the teen was then asked to walk away. The teen claims he was being accused of being rude to the assistant principal when he was grabbed.
Gyasi’s father is planning on pressing charges against the officer who grabbed his son.
SOURCE: Daily Mail | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
President Obama dances with his half-sister Auma Obama and President Kenyatta at a state dinner during his first trip to Kenya.”>
1 of 25
1. Two step! President Obama dances with his half-sister Auma Obama and President Kenyatta at a state dinner during his first trip to Kenya.
2 of 25
2. Seriously, how much more down to earth can Obama and the First Lady get? Here they are rocking their alma mater t-shirts in the White House one morning.
3 of 25
3. WINNING! The exact moment President Obama heard that the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act.
4 of 25
4. Presidential Perfection! The First Family poses on the White House lawn on Easter Day 2015.
5 of 25
5. Just like us! The president swats a fly in the Oval Office.
6 of 25
6. Someone needs an umbrella. The president dodges a rainstorm as he addresses supporters in Nashville.
7 of 25
7. The president does his best “Charlie’s Angels” impression with an ensign at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement in New London, Conn.
8 of 25
8. Anything you can do, I can do better. President Obama crawls around with Ella Harper Rhodes, daughter of Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes.
9 of 25
9. Presidential high fives for all!
10 of 25
10. Like seriously, who doesn’t like pizza?
11 of 25
11. Checking Twitter, perhaps? #AskPotus
12 of 25
12. The real presidential advisors.
13 of 25
13. Two peas in a pod. The president and Joe Biden always have each other’s backs.
14 of 25
14. Who’s got the power?! President Obama poses with another ensign at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement.
15 of 25
15. Who wants to play the president in a game of basketball? Obama talks with students and law enforcement officials at a sit-down discussion at a New Jersey Salvation Army Community Center.
16 of 25
16. Joking around with “Gronk,” aka New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.
17 of 25
17. Family affair! The president, the First Lady, and presidential dogs Bo and Sunny speak to a crowd at this year’s Easter Egg Roll.
18 of 25
18. Are you covered? Obama puts health first…but doesn’t he always? #Obamacare
19 of 25
19. Who knew our president was the “baby whisperer?”
20 of 25
20. It’s never too early (or late) to shoot some hoops in a suit.
21 of 25
21. Green tie. Must be St. Patrick’s Day.
22 of 25
22. Who said presidents couldn’t have fun at bars? Obama throws darts at an Atlanta tavern while waiting for his interview with VICE to begin.
23 of 25
23. Word is, President Obama is an avid tea drinker. Here he is sampling some Ethiopian coffee at the National Palace in Addis Ababa. Talk about authentic!
24 of 25
24. Boys will be boys.
25 of 25
25. We imagine Bo is politely asking POTUS to go out for just one more walk. Please??
WATCH: Texas Cop Grabs High School Student’s Throat, Slams Him To The Ground was originally published on globalgrind.com