According to Independent UK,
Glenn Smith became sheriff of the Waller County Police Department the same year he was fired from his position at the Hempstead Police Department.
The site continues:
Activist Herschel Smith told the Houston Chronicle that many residents were worried about police misconduct, citing an incident where black children were forced to strip search during a mistaken drug raid led by Glenn.
“He got off way too lightly considering his humiliation and mistreatment of young African American males,” Herschel said.
Bland was found hung in her jail cell only three days after failing to turn her car signal on. We will keep you updated on the latest..
Thousands Protest During #MillionsMarchNYC Against Police Brutality
1. Thousands march together on their way to the NYPD headquarters.1 of 17
2. Thousands gather near the NYPD headquarters.2 of 17
3. A protester holds up a sign to stop police brutality.3 of 17
4. Kevin Liles, Russell Simmons, and Nas help lead the march in NYC.4 of 17
5. Protestors march up 5th Avenue.5 of 17
6. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before marching uptown.6 of 17
7. Protestors lead by holding up a 'Black Lives Matter' banner.7 of 17
8. Picketed versions of the victims of police brutality are held up during the march.8 of 17
9. The Brooklyn Bridge gets shut down by protestors.9 of 17
10. A protestor holds up a focused 'We Demand Justice' sign10 of 17
11. Santa Con participants face the interrupting protests happening through the streets.11 of 17
12. An artist participates in the protest through creative expression.12 of 17
13. Thousands of different ethnicities and ages come together for the protests.13 of 17
14. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before the march.14 of 17
15. A protestor marches while in chains.15 of 17
16. Thousands march up 5th Avenue.16 of 17
17. Thousands march up 5th Avenue towards Union Square.17 of 17
Officer Involved In Sandra Bland’s Death Was Fired For Racism In Previous Job was originally published on globalgrind.com