Blac Chyna’s mom went HAM on Tyga’s family for comments allegedly made by their grandmother, saying that Kylie Jenner is her preferred choice of paramour for her grandson over Ms. Chyna. Turns out Tyga’s grandmother didn’t actually say anything, but it just goes to show the issues between Tyga and his ex run deep and spread far beyond just the two of them.
It’s hard to get along with family for any of us, but when you throw in the celebrity aspect, the feuds get personal and public real quick. For stars, sometimes it’s over money, other times it’s over drugs, and other times it’s over the person you love.
We have the cover of anonymity, but celebs don’t get to partake that luxury, making matters worse and nine times out of ten, it’s all innuendo and speculation. La Toya Jackson once said, “I’ll never stop dreaming that one day we can be a real family, together, all of us laughing and talking, loving and understanding, not looking at the past but only to the future.”
Unfortunately, family spats happen to everyone and it sucks to hold a grudge; eventually everyone should be able to move forward. Right?
Here’s a quick look at some other public family feuds in pop culture.
Michael and the Jacksons have had a long-standing family feud. We’re talking beef between brothers who share a baby mama, issues with La Toya, even rumors of a kidnapping. It all came to head in 2012, when Janet Jackson allegedly slapped Michael’s daughter Paris Jackson.
Usher Raymond, Tameka Foster, and Usher’s Mother
There were a lot of rumors about Usher’s union with the lovely Tameka Foster, helping to make their marriage rather rocky. Things escalated when it became widely believed that Usher fired his mother as his manager because she had major issues with Usher’s wife.
The NY Daily News reported it a different way:
Some claim Usher pink-slipped his mom because she failed to show proper deference to his stylist-turned-girlfriend-turned-wife, Tameka Foster. But now that Foster has given her a grandson, the two ladies are said to be getting along better. Usher, for one, denies he fired his mom. Rather, he tells Vibe, “[I paid her] the ultimate compliment – to retire her to be a full-time grandmother.”
The Houstons and Bobby Brown
It’s no secret Whitney Houston’s mother hates Bobby Brown. To this day she can’t stand him, despite her daughter’s ex always showing the ultimate love to Whitney. Rumors over money and drugs have spread like wildfire and when Bobby Brown came to Whitney’s funeral, rumors abounded that he was asked to leave by Cissy Houston. Most recently, the family has been arguing over the care of Whitney and Bobby’s daughter Bobbi Kristina, who has been in a medically induced coma for months.
Rihanna, Chris Brown, and Mom Breezy
Chris Brown and Rihanna have had their issues ever since Grammy Night 2009. Since then, we got statements from family members: including forgiveness over Chris’ abuse from Rihanna’s father, while Chris Brown’s mother began claiming she just wanted Rihanna to tell the truth. During Rih’s interview with Oprah, MomBreezy tweeted, “TELL THE TRUTH AND SET YOURSELF FREE. NOT UNTIL YOU TELL THE TRUTH WILL YOU EVER BE FREE!!!!!!”
We don’t think these two jilted lovers and their families will ever come to terms.
Quincy Brown and Al B. Sure!
We all know Quincy as Diddy’s son, but his real father is Al B. Sure! In 2009, Quincy came to GlobalGrind to pen an amazing blog about his relationship with his father, writing, “I grew up without my father, an irreplaceable force and influence that was absent in my life. I watched other kids enjoy the embrace of theirs, and I searched for a way to reconcile the meaning of my circumstance.”
Later adding, “Al B. Sure! is my biological father, but Sean Combs, also known as “Diddy,” has been a father figure in my life for as long as I can remember.”
Since the blog, the two have worked on their relationship and Al B. Sure! was even at the premiere of Quincy’s new movie Brotherly Love.
2015 Mother's Day Round Up: Beyonce, The Kardashians, Rihanna, & More
1. 😍- Khloe1 of 12
2. happy Mother's Day to my twin! - Tyga2 of 12
3. Happy Mother's Day to the mother of my daughters for giving birth to the most perfect daughters a man could have #hustleforyourlastnamenotyourfirst #InvestInWomen - Dame Dash3 of 12
4. @misahylton happy Mother's Day! May God continue to bless you! Thank you for being a great mother! Love you - Diddy4 of 12
5. Happy MOTHER's DAY @ladykp I thank God for you! I love YOU! -- Diddy5 of 12
6. I feel so blessed that my daughter gets to grow up knowing my amazing beautiful grand mother. Life is all about memories so take lots of pics and cherish all of the good memories! #HappyMothersDay - Kim K6 of 12
7. The best thing in life is free and it's right here. Happy Mother's Day! --Scott Disick7 of 12
8. #mama ❤️ - Zoe Kravitz8 of 12
9. ❤️ -- Zoe Kravitz9 of 12
10. Life Is What You Make Of It. I Choose Happiness, and To Be The Best Woman and Mom I Can Be! #HappyMothersDay -- Ciara10 of 12
11. Happy Mother's Day to the woman who taught me that anything Is possible with hard work, and never doubted me for a second. I love you @tinashemomma -- Tinashe11 of 12
12. -- Kelly Rowland12 of 12
Trust Issues: 6 Of The Most Memorable Celebrity Family Feuds Ever was originally published on globalgrind.com