“Bring It On” The Musical VIP Box Giveaway Text-to-Win Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The “Bring It On” The Musical VIP Box Giveaway Text-to-Win (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, March 19, 2012 and end on Friday, April 6, 2012 (“Contest Period”). This Contest will be conducted exclusively online. One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1) VIP Box, with seating for four (4), for “Bring It On” The Musical coming to the Fox Theatre located at 527 North Grand Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63103 Tuesday, March 27, 2012 through Sunday, April 8th, 2012.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WHHL-FM who are legal residents of the U.S., residing within the St. Louis, MO listening area and are 16 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. Listeners must text the keywords “CONTEST CHEER” to 23088 when prompted by on-air announcements for a chance to win. Standard text and data rates will apply.
2. All entries must be received between 12:00 p.m. CST Monday, March 19, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. CST Friday, April 6, 2012 or they will be void.
3. Only one (1) entry per person per day per mobile number during the Contest Period.
4. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s text entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the mobile account at the time the entry was made.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of WHHL-FM who are 16 years of age and older and are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the St. Louis, MO listening area.
2. Employees of WHHL-FM, Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from WHHL-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate.
1. One (1) grand prize package will be awarded for this Contest, and will include the following:
a. One (1) VIP Box, with seating for four (4), for “Bring It On” The Musical coming to the Fox Theatre located at 527 North Grand Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63103 Tuesday, March 27, 2012 through Sunday, April 8, 2012. Meals, beverages, souvenirs, incidentals, and transportation to and from the event venue are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest(s).
2. Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at the station’s offices within forty-eight (48) hours of the date of winning.
3. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
4. All Contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
5. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Prize checks will be available for pick-up no earlier than twenty-one (21) business days from the date the Contest winner is awarded their prize.
6. If for any reason a Contest winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another participant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
7. If Contest winner does not claim their prize within forty-eight (48) hours, the prize will be forfeited.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
1. During the Contest Period, listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by texting the words “CONTEST CHEER” to 23088 when prompted by on-air announcements to register for a chance to win.
2. One (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received via text.
3. The winner will be notified by phone.
4. The winner will be instructed to come to the offices of WHHL-FM located at 9666 Olive Boulevard, Suite 610, St Louis, MO 63132 to pick up their prize.
5. All decisions made by WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc. management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible participants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc., any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. The station retains the right to disqualify any participant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air.
10. WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc., participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any Contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc., participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc. have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. WHHL-FM, Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of WHHL-FM, Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as Acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. Copies of Contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the WHHL-FM, located at 9666 Olive Boulevard, Suite 610, St. Louis, MO 63132. Copies of Contest rules may also be made available during on-site / in-person remote events.