Melanie Fiona “The MF Life” Album Digital Download Giveaway
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Melanie Fiona “The MF Life” Album Digital Download contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, March 26, 2012 and end on Sunday, April 15, 2012 (“Contest Period). Twenty (20) winners will each be awarded one (1) digital download code for Melanie Fiona “The MF Life” album.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WHHL-FM who are legal residents of the U.S., residing within the St. Louis, MO listening area and are 18 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do one (1) of the following:
1. On-air contestants must listen to WHHL-FM anytime between 12:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. during the Contest Period for the on-air solicitation for listeners to call in. Once the on-air solicitation for callers has been made, contestants must contact the station at (314) 969-1041 or (618) 399-1041. Upon becoming the correct caller, Contestants will win one (1) digital download code for Melanie Fiona “The MF Life” album.
WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Contest.
2. Online contestants, must log onto the WHHL-FM website (www.hot1041stl.com) and follow the link to the Contest Page to join the Hot Insider Club.
3. Upon entering the Contest website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
4. Contestants may also enter by texting the word “CONTESTS [space] MF” to 23088 when prompted by on-air announcements for a chance to win. Standard text and data rates will apply.
5. All entries must be received between 12:00pm CST Monday, March 26, 2012 and 11:59pm CST Sunday, April 15, 2012 or they will be void.
5. For online entries, only one (1) entry per person per day per email address during the Contest Period. For text, only one (1) entry per person per day per phone number
6. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online or text entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account or mobile account at the time the entry was made.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of WHHL-FM who are 18 years of age and older and are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the St. Louis, MO listening area.
2. Employees of WHHL-FM, Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another Contest or promotion of any kind from WHHL-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate.
1. Twenty (20) prizes will be awarded for this Contest, and will include the following:
a. One (1) digital download code for Melanie Fiona “The MF Life” album. Meals, beverages, souvenirs, incidentals, and transportation to and from the event venue are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
2. Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at the station’s offices within thirty (30) days of the date of winning.
3. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
4. All Contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
5. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Prize checks will be available for pick-up no earlier than twenty-one (21) business days from the date the contest winner is awarded their prize.
6. If for any reason a Contest winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another participant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
7. If Contest winner does not claim their prize within thirty (30) days, the prize will be forfeited.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
1. During the Contest Period, listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by logging on the WHHL-FM website (www.hot1041stl.com) to register for a chance to win, texting the keyword “CONTESTS [space] MF” to 23088 or by calling into the station when prompted by on air announcements.
2. Winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries. A total of twenty (20) winners will be selected.
3. Winners will be notified by phone.
4. Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of WHHL-FM located at 9666 Olive Boulevard, Suite 610, St Louis, MO 63132 to pick up their prize.
5. All decisions made by WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc. management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible participants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc., any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. The station retains the right to disqualify any participant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air.
10. WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc., participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any Contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc., participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that WHHL-FM and Radio One, Inc. have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. WHHL-FM, Radio One, Inc. ,its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of WHHL-FM, Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as Acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. Copies of Contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the WHHL-FM, located at 9666 Olive Boulevard, Suite 610, St. Louis, MO 63132. Copies of Contest rules may also be made available during on-site / in-person remote events.