And the winner is!? Miss Bayleigh Dayton! Yes, the name is right, Steve Harvey didn’t announce this one. The mark in history is correct, Miss Bayleigh Dayton is the first African-American woman to win the title. She is 23, gorgeous, and she’s accomplishing her goals, right and left!
Shockingly, Missouri is making marks; for the last two years, last year was the first openly lesbian contestant Erin O’Flaherty. Read more on her story here. Now as for Miss Bayleigh, this doll is from Kansas City, Missouri and Lee Summit to be exact! May she continue to make moves, graciously.
Bayleigh Dayton Miss Missouri 2017
1. My face says it all! Still catching up on all the text and messages ! Be patient with me ! Just know I'm feeling the love! #MissMissouriUSA2017 #roadtomissusa #vanbros #BayMissUSASource:Instagram 1 of 5
2. There are no words to explain how blessed I feel. First and foremost God is SO good. He truly gave me the desires of my heart tonight. I made history and became the 1st ever African American title holder in the state of Missouri ! (Moment of silence) Special thanks to my sponsors @gowngallery for my beautiful gown, @theheadshotcollection for my jewelry and @purcosmetics for my makeup. To my family and friends I love you so much and thank you for pushing me to keep going even when I was ready to give up and give in. Congrats to @sydstottlemyre and @dallasezard on a great year and congrats to my new sister queen @sophiadh ! My @vanbros family and the judges, I love you and thank you for changing my life. #MissMissouriUSA2017 #BayMissUSA #roadtomissusa @reneecbull #travelingcoach !Source:Instagram 2 of 5
3. Make sure to follow the official @missmousa account to keep up with all of my upcoming appearances and events as Miss Missouri USA 💕👑 Can't wait to share my journey with you all! #missmissouriusa2017 #BayMissUSA #RoadtoMissUSASource:Instagram 3 of 5
4. I don't know what you've been told but this girl right here's going to rule the world. I don't wanna sit still and look pretty 💕💋💄Source:Instagram 4 of 5
5. Pull up on the kid😤💥👊🏾Source:Instagram 5 of 5
Honesty I wish I could have competed in something like that, but I don’t know if it was too late after the quarter sleeve tattoo? Who knows? But I can say I’m genuinely happy for Miss Bayliegh Dayton.