Early this week it was announced that Disney star Zendaya Coleman has been tapped to portray Aaliyah in a Lifetime movie based off the biography “More Than A Woman”. The reaction to the movie and the star have been all over the place. Some people have been very angry at the thought of Zendaya playing the part and others don’t want to see her life watered down in a Lifetime movie. A lot of speculation has been surrounding whether or not the Houghton family was even in support of the movie as Aaliyah’s mother has been very vocal in the past about protecting her daughter’s memory and not allowing a movie to be made in the first place. Well, looks like that part is in fact true. TMZ caught up with Aaliyah’s uncle and former manager, Barry Hankerson, and he confirmed that the family is indeed trying to fight the production of the movie and have lawyered up to do whatever it takes to put a halt to it. They have already said the producers of the movie will NOT be able to use any of Aaliyah’s music.
- $500 a Day Text Club Sweepstakes
- 2 Chainz For Mayor? Hey, It Could Really Happen
- Gabrielle Union Explains Asking D Wade For A Prenup + Who She’d Cast To Play Her In ‘Bring It On’
- Big Sean Admits This One Line In “I.D.F.W.U” Is About Naya Rivera
- Eve And Jill Scott Say What They Really Think About Iggy Azalea’s Cultural Appropriation
- How To Rock The Cape Trend & Be Almost As Cool As Janelle Monae