7,558 African-American students who attend only the city’s 23 magnet or choice schools are on average excelling the most. That data, provided by St. Louis Public Schools, show that black students in the district’s magnet and choice programs outpaced transfer students on eight of 12 measures of the state test last year, as well as the high school English and math exams. Those schools include four in which students must be gifted or have high grades for admissions.
- The Latest On @LooseCannonSLIM vs. @AugustAlsina
- [Video] Kobe Bryant Finds Out From His Doctor His Season Is Over
- This Sexy Cover Shoot Proves Jennifer Lopez Hasn’t Aged At All
- Who's Lying: Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao? The Champ Talks May 2nd Mega-Fight
- Busta Rhymes Pens Open Letter To Hip-Hop
- 7 Mind-Blowing Verses From Lupe Fiasco’s ‘Tetsuo + Youth’ Album