7,558 African-American students who attend only the city’s 23 magnet or choice schools are on average excelling the most. That data, provided by St. Louis Public Schools, show that black students in the district’s magnet and choice programs outpaced transfer students on eight of 12 measures of the state test last year, as well as the high school English and math exams. Those schools include four in which students must be gifted or have high grades for admissions.
- Full Ferguson Coverage Inside
- Mona Scott-Young Referees The Love & Hip-Hop: Hollywood Reunion (Part One) [VIDEO]
- Chris Brown’s Sincere Apology To Karrueche; NeNe Reunites With Kim Zolciak & More
- Nicki Minaj Plays Beyonce & Kim K On SNL
- Floyd Mayweather Witnessed Murder-Suicide On FaceTime
- GET THE LOOK: Make Your Oversize Coat Look as Sexy as Kim Kardashian’s